i had a horrible panic moment today as a customer left my office with her two children. what if my children are ugly? do people know when they have ugly children, or does God spare them the awareness? because i'm thinking that i'm going to know if my child is ugly...i'm pretty sure i'll be aware of it. and what a horrible thing to look down at this infant i have created and think, "yikes." what will i do when she says, "mommy, am i ugly?"
to this sarah said, "loisa, your children will not be ugly. besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder." to which i said, "sure, sarah. but let's be honest...there's a pretty general consensus for ugly."
oh dear god...please let my children be attractive.
5 comments:
I have a fear that I'm not going to like my children. I keep leaving other people's children and thinking "wow" that was a lot of work...everyone says "it's different when they're our own"...I always say "what if it's not!"
Haven't you ever heard of the concept that ugly babies usually grow up to be good looking later in life? Or is that more with preteens? I'm not sure. Either way, everyone changes a lot as they grow up in terms of looks, especially when coming out of the infant stages.
I just think about jr. high and high school and I'm reminded of that. The girls I was attracted to in those days, the same girls I thought I'd never have a chance with, are now all various forms of ugly and "Ah hell no"
Besides, your kids won't be ugly. But pretty babies can grow up ugly, so don't put all your eggs in one basket.
i am not as much afraid of having an ugly baby as i am of having an ugly child. what if he or she just keeps getting uglier as the years go by? how much of that do i have control of?
also, remember that you have changed since jr. high...maybe they didn't change as much as your perception of beauty did.
and lastly, in saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket" are you suggesting that i experiment with multiple "baskets" until i get a pretty child? are we talking a variety of fathers here, or a variety of surrogate mothers? that's just creepy, matt. if you're going to have the audacity to use a cliche on my blog, for heaven's sake, have the decency to use it in context.
I think the picture for this blog should have been Suri Cruise.
i heard that almost everyone evens out by their 30s (or was it 40s)...ugly or pretty...they just become average. of course there are the exceptions...
Post a Comment