Dear Stairs,
I'd like to start on a positive note expressing my gratitude to you for helping me get to my room on the second floor every night. While you are difficult to vaccuum and hard to carry heavy things up and down, I really don't know quite what I would do without you in my life. That is why this is a difficult letter to write.
It seems that our relationship has been strained lately. Perhaps it is because I haven't been home much and you are missing the tread of my shoes in the wee hours of the morning. Perhaps you resent me for the harvest-berry garland i hung so carefully on your railing. Whatever it is, can we please talk it out, because it seems like your resentment is building.
How angry does a set of stairs have to be to cause a girl to fall completely down them while carrying two rather large loads of laundry? Stairs, you really hurt me this morning and I'm trying to show you grace and not be upset with you, but it may take some time for this pain to subside. Especially in my ankle.
I think it is probably really healthy for us to spend some time apart. Thankfully, I will be staying at the Alayra household this weekend and we can both take some time to cool off. I don't want you to over react, but they do have stairs there, and I must say, we seem to get along a lot better than you and I do. You might want to keep that in mind.
I'd like to make ammends and restore what once was, but you're going to have to meet me halfway on this. I will see you Monday with some rather heavy things to carry, so let's try to get past this before then.
Ready to forgive,
Loisa
Merry Christmas 2018
7 years ago
1 comment:
haha Meet your stairs halfway... oh man. that's a good one!
Post a Comment