My friend wrote this in response to the "stairs" entry a couple of days ago. I think he has some really good things to say about it, and I'm going to give his methods a try. Thank you, Michael, for assisting in facilitating this intervention.
"I just wanted to offer my assistance as a stair intervention facilitator. I've seen this a thousand times before. People get hurt, things are said (some very hurtful), and it all ends in anger and contempt. Most often this type of outburst is brought on by feelings of jealousy and loneliness. Stairs, like all of us, desire special time with the one's they love. They hunger for respect. To simply pick up a load of laundry or two and step over them as if they weren't respected, loved, or even seen is a slap in the face. The stairs are on their journey of self-actualization and love, just as many of us are. Sometimes we need to take a moment, set down the burdens and laundry of the day, find a nice soft spot on them, and tell them that you love them for all that they are in your life. Some say that there are 5 love languages. I would surmise that the love language of stairs is quality time and physical touch.
Show Love,
Michael"
Merry Christmas 2018
7 years ago
1 comment:
ohh stairs.
thanks for this blog it has shown me i also need to show love to my stairs. i think i should probably leave school right now and go love them!
Post a Comment