Wednesday, February 14, 2007

blunt.


really, America? this guy? this is the guy you like? out of all the artists in the world, this is the one you think deserves four grammy nominations and a spot on the playlist? best new artist? are you out of your minds? granted, you didn't give him any grammies, but the simple fact that you would place him anywhere near the grammies - anywhere near the peppers or corrine baily rae - has brought me to this decision: I don't think I want you to like my music anymore. Not if you like his:
07-December-2006 19:42:19
James Blunt Dominates Grammy Nominations
James Blunt receives 4 nominations for the 49th Grammy Awards.
You're Beautiful, a massive 2005 UK hit for Blunt, is up for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, his Back to Bedlam up for Pop Vocal Album and he also receives a nomination for Best New Artist.


instead, i've decided i'd prefer the UK to like my music. they obviously understand things a little more clearly:
31-July-2006 18:11:49
Irritating James Blunt
James Blunt has come fourth in a new poll by Lactofree to find out what annoys UK people the most.
Little over 12 months ago, former solider Blunt topped the charts with single You’re Beautiful and album Back To Bedlam, but 2006 has seen banned from a local radio station for boring thousands of listeners and now he has been deemed more irritating than noisy neighbours and hangovers.


if you are a fan, i apologize for being so...blunt...but you're wrong.

4 comments:

Cathi said...

Hooray! Thank you for sharing in my agony!

I think you should do a "People I Wish WERE Dead" segment for James Blunt.

Julie Hibbard said...

I am happy to report that my Ipod is virtually Blunt-free. I say "virtually" because, I must confess that "You're Beautiful" is one of my favorite songs...I can relate to it, unfortunately, and thus, it will remain on the "romantic songs" playlist.
But as for James...he should be re-catorgorized for what he truly is: a one-hit wonder.

Heather Feather said...

Thank-you! Someone with some common sense. I cannot believe he got a Grammy nomination! That is ridiculous! He annoys me so bad. I can't stand his voice it's like nails on a chalkboard!
-Heather

blythe said...

wow, i'm not alone afterall.
"you're beautiful" was perpetually playing on the soundtrack while i worked at tully's. i wanted to stick my head in the grinder (or something equally drastic) whenever it came on.