Friday, February 16, 2007

apology.



in a million years, i never would have guessed that i would be doing this, but, christina, i would like to publicly apologize to you for calling you a talentless skank for all of these years. i stand corrected. it's like you stood backstage at the grammies and said to yourself, "here's what i'm gonna do. i'm going to go out there, and i'm going to be real bad ass and everyone in america is going to pause for a moment, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, paralyzed by the blinding reality of just how bitchin i really am." i watched with a look of sheer confusion on my face as you completely dominated the entire night. so, while i still can't say that i'm a fan of yours, i can stand here speechless every time i watch this video and marvel at just how captivating this performance was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skank...maybe. Talentless...never. One of the best mainstream female vocalists of our generation. Tamed fire. Often misguided, but the vocals remain true...often over-stylized, but true. Was it just me, or was she actually chanelling James Brown? She was more of a medium than a performer. Chilling, and brilliant.

Matt Fasl said...

I'm doing just fine. I got a bit scratched up but I'm okay. I was helping some guys move the couch out of our apartment and the hide-a-bed portion came out and I tried to push it back in. Little did I realize my back was up against this lady's window and when I pushed, I pretty much pushed myself away from the couch through the window. So my grand idea of getting rid of that couch without having to spend money failed by about 150 bucks.

Cathi said...

told ya...

Julie Hibbard said...

How long do you think it took her to comb that hair do out?