Tuesday, February 24, 2009

company.


okay friends. i'm not some endorser girl that goes around telling everybody what they should and should not spend their time and money on. it's not my thing (yet). but i have to tell you about this book. one of the greatest professors i have ever had the privilege to study under, Diana Glyer (who would be appalled with my lack of capitalization and poor syntax if she knew this blog existed), wrote this book.

if you are a C.S. Lewis fan, you need this book.
if you are a Tolkien fan, you need this book.
if you are a Charles Williams fan, you need this book.

she wrote this about the Inklings (the group of brilliant men who met together every week at a bar called The Eagle and Child to discuss life, philosophy, politics, and writing), and how their relationships affected their lives, their thoughts, and their writings.

i also was honored to, for a short time, be a part of the initial editing of this book. i think it's fantastic.

check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/Company-They-Keep-Tolkien-Community/dp/0873389913/ref=pd_bbs

7 comments:

blythe said...

this is where i annoyingly proclaim that i have been to the eagle and child!

also, hi! i miss seeing you, even randomly at disneyland.

Just Spotted said...

thanks for the recommendation! can't wait to check it out. it sounds like a great read! thanks!

xoxo, K

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd love to congratulate you for such a great made forum!
Was thinking this is a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Sage Brand
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/thanksgiving-party-supplies.html]thanksgiving Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

I want not concur on it. I assume precise post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to read the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/logo.png[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנחנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מגוונים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]ארוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם!

לפרטים אנא גשו לעמוד המלון - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

Anonymous said...

A few years ago I was incredibly sad in my marriage with my wife. You ask why? Ummm, you understand – life gets in the way.

I found interesting advice here: [url=http://www.marriedaffairguide.com]married and looking[/url] Book.

It never was about my girlfriend. It was always about me. I started searching the internets for a solution on how to fix my relationship. I ended up landing on this website: [url=http://www.marriedaffairguide.com/dating-married-online-sites]women seeking married men[/url]

So I decided to meet her. She was Jessica. After a few too much scotches, we left separately (for impressions)– we had a good time – she asked for my mobile at the end, which I took for a re-invite.

Thankfully there was a backup thing named: [url=http://www.marriedaffairguide.com/how-to-have-an-affair-married-seeking-affairs]adult affair guide[/url]