let me explain to you why i'm bitchen*.this morning, i found my dad a bit of a mess - distraught because he had lost his wedding ring somewhere between the door of the apartment and the parking lot, a sidewalk surrounded by grass and bushes of all shapes and sizes. after we both dug through the grass on hands and knees, he sorrowfully conceded its loss. on my way to work, bummed by my father's saddened state, i thought of something brilliant: a metal detector. that's right. a metal detector. so my sister, who is also bitchen, looked up metal detectors to rent. i got home, metal detector in tow, and began beeping my way around the sidewalk. i discovered some foil, a gumwrapper, a beer can or two, a couple of bottlecaps, and most importantly, my father's wedding ring. yep. i sure did. and that is why i'm bitchen.
*see comments: thanks to tony for sharing his knowledge of american vernacular.
8 comments:
You are so bitchin!!!!!!!
I am impressed as hell!
Yay! I like that you can rent them. I wonder what the return is for the average person that rents one at say... $40/hour. But possibly finds $55 worth of stuff... hm.
For the record, and I'm no English major, but I believe the correct spelling for your chosen slang word (which originated with my generation in the 70's) would be "bitchen'". Your spelling ("bitchin'") implies that you are a whiney complainer (which may also be true, but I don't think that was your point).
According to the Urban Dictionary:
Bitchen
A term meaning:
1. Exceptionally good of its kind.
"Woah, that cake looks totally bitchen"
2. Of great quality.
"That concert was BITCHEN, dude!"
3. Said when astonishes someone's fancy.
"That tomato soup is bitchen."
Apparently, your English is not peccable.
I hope that helps.
hmm. ok. you win. i'm going to fix it. but for the record, "peccable" means flawed (you know...the opposite of "impeccable"). booyeah. who's the idiot now?
Again, you're wrong.
"peccable" Adj. - liable to sin; "a frail and peccable mortal"- Sir Walter Scott
"peccant" - wicked - morally bad in principle or practice, with fault or blame
Your English is, in itself, not peccable, as it has no sin nature, although you may use it to sin (making YOU peccable), as I'm sure you often do.
Like right now, as you're cursing me.
Who is the chick in the picture? Because though you are bitchen or bitchin... either way... that is not you. What was the brand of beer... and the foil... any idea what it once wrapped? just curious.
that is awesome... and there are actually places that "rent" metal detectors? and i had no idea there was actually enough "metal" in a gum wrapper to set off a metal detector!
bottle caps!
Post a Comment