Friday, April 11, 2008

escape.

i almost ran over a rabbit tonight. and when i say "ran," i mean literally "ran." i was leaving the office about 10pm, and it's a little scary...there are absolutely no lights in the parking area. i know, right? i mean, sure irvine is safe and all, but let's not get carried away. anyway, because of the slightly creepy feeling i get on the back of my neck as i'm blindly fumbling to lock the door behind me (more and more sure with every second that someone is lurking in the shadows), i decide to run as fast as i can to my car (which, incidentally, is not very fast). it turns out the someone lurking in the shadows was a rabbit, who i almost tripped over when our escape routes unwittingly intersected. i think we both nearly died of fright. the best part was that i actually apologized to him. yeah. i apologized to a rabbit. weird, wild shtuff.

3 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

HAAAAAA! I'm laughing out loud in my office right now. Ohh crap that is SO dang funny mostly because I just pictured it in my head. The best part (which, incidentally, is not very fast)

ohh gosh, I can't wait to see you on Tuesday.

Una said...

"That rabbit's dynamite!" Okay, Lou...what movie is that from?

Simplifying me said...

alright rabbit kicker....I am out that same day saving ducklings and you're scaring the fur off a poor little rabbit. Mace works really well to defend off from attackers. A rabbits foot is merely for good luck. You are sooo funny! I sooo get that creepy feeling when you sit in the car and reach for the lock. I would just wet myself if the door actually opened before I could get it locked....ahhhh