Sunday, September 23, 2007

fall.

there is a tree on the side of my apartment building that is a little bit different from all the other trees in the complex. while the maples on either side and all around keep their green nearly year 'round, this singular tree makes the best of the would-be seasons we almost experience in the OC. i noticed today that its leaves have begun their transformation into the deep reds and oranges so foreign to this area. it takes my breath away as though all the other trees no longer exist.

today is the first day of fall and it may be purely psychological, but the air seems to smell a little sweeter today, the wind seems to blow a little more gently, and my heart feels a bit lighter. though i may question the rest of the year, all my doubts of the goodness of God melt away in the fall. and i don't know why it depends on the weather, but it is in these months i am most sure of His love for me.

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

...oh me too! I love fall! I have pumpkins in my home and put my fall tablecloth on today...
pumpkin candles are burning right now. The tree outside my balcony dropped a few golden/red/brown leaves on my patio today too!!! It's beautiful...
I even started a fire.
Oh fall...I love it!